Imagine this scenario. Two web site retailers are offering the same products. Both have similar look and feel, and the prices offered by them are also in the same range. But one retailer is more visible on the web than the other. In fact, it shows up in the search results of almost every search engine. On the other hand, the other retailer remains in the background. No wonder then, the first retailer is more successful.
If the business model, design, and products are more or less the same, then why is one retailer site more successful than the other? The answer lies in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The first retailer site uses this web development service for online promotion, while the other site does not even know the term.
What is SEO?
SEO is a promotional activity that enhances the visibility and online presence of a web site. The sites that are worked on by SEO experts are more prominently displayed in the web, attracting more visitors.
What is the basic model of SEO?
When a visitor enters a query in a search engine, then millions of results are displayed. In 99% of cases, visitors check the results displayed on the first page of the results only. Therefore, the higher a web site is displayed in the search results, the better are its chances of being visited by customers. SEO service follows specific techniques that make a site search engine friendly. As a result, it will be ranked higher in the list of search results.
How SEO works in a search engine?
All search engines have a set of rules called search engine algorithms that process information very quickly and filter it depending on the key phrases. Then, the search engine robots collect the filtered data. While browsing the web sites, robots search for new content as well as user friendly program codes and web designs. Here, SEO web development service plays a vital role.
A SEO friendly site includes some basic factors that allow the search engines to rank it highly in search results. These factors include the programming language of the site, the inbound links, and the use of key phrases. It also includes Meta edit, Title Tag Optimization, and integrating HTML source codes. All these factors help a site gain a top position in the search results.
What are the distinguishing factors of SEO friendly sites?
Now that businesses are realizing the usefulness of SEO web development service, they are keen to use it for online promotion. SEO experts employ the following techniques to make web sites search engine friendly:
- Make a web site visually appealing.
- Employ proper navigation tools and coding to make the site more search engine friendly.
- Develop the content so that it is updated on a regular basis and provides enough information to reflect in search results.
- Include incoming links that are directed to a site from other web sites in the domain.
- Use proper heading tags, bold text, italic text, and lists.
- Use CSS to style the tags and other lists of the HTML codes in different ways. For example, put heading tags on headings of a page and use bold tags for heading of the page and find out the important text in the page
- Include key phases in the title and Meta description of the page
- Improve functionality of web sites
- Include features that enhance the visibility of the site such as design a logo and interface
These methods help SEO experts to promote a web site on the web and help it gain a better rank in search engine’s results.
The Internet is a crowded place. Sometimes the difference between success and failure lies in just standing out in the crowd.